But come on. Something good has to happen in 2021, right?
A lot of things that were canceled in 2020 are back on this year. Tentatively. And a lot of commonplace activities that we’ve previously taken for granted may slowly return to our lives, things like hugging and not being uneasy about getting on a plane. TENTATIVELY.
If everything goes right, we can dare to look forward to these notable spots in 2021.
1. The Tokyo Olympics
2. Eurovision Song Contest
3. NASA’s Perseverance rover lands on Mars
4. Traveling and large gatherings
Raise your hand if the most exotic sight you’ve seen this year is literally anything outside your own home. Even if you’re not planning a huge getaway once the pandemic gets better, just the idea that you could is kind of comforting. And you know what’s better than a vacation? A nice big (safe) get-together with friends. Hopefully, we’ll all remember how to socialize.
5. Widespread Covid-19 immunity
6. UEFA Euro Championship
7. T20 Cricket World Cup
8. The 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World
9.New climate policies and action
10. The presidential Inauguration
11. New TV shows
12. New movies
13. Tom Cruise going to spaaace
14. The largest brood of cicadas
16. Artificial intelligence. Everywhere.
17. Drone delivery
18. The Queen of England turns 95
Queen Elizabeth II is already the longest-reigning monarch in British history, and in 2021 she’ll celebrate a similarly impressive accomplishment: Turning 95! Her birthday is April 21. She probably doesn’t need gifts, but we hope our British friends will do something fancy to celebrate. Meanwhile, we’ll be watching “The Crown.”
19. Highly anticipated concerts
20. New albums
21. Hugs 🙁
C’mon, 2021. Please let us have this one.